Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day


Memorial Weekend comes early this year. It just doesn't seem right! I am not ready yet for Memorial Weekend! For the last couple of weeks I've been confusing my dates. It seems like every one I've talked to has had the same experience. Isn't it funny how a holiday can affect us so much.


What are you doing for the holiday? Camping? Bar-b-queing? Going to a baseball game? The only peson I know that actually celebrates the true holiday is my grandfather. He is a Pearl Harbor survivor. He celebrates by going to his small town cemetary and participating in a ceremony. I am honored that there are men and women out there that have given their life so that the rest of us can live with the freedom that only we Americans have known. I urge each of you to find a way to pay tribute to a soldier this weekend!


God Bless America!


We cherish too, the Poppy red

That grows on fields where valor led,

It seems to signal to the skies

That blood of heroes never dies.

-Moina Michael


If you like history, I found a cool website about Memorial Day called Memorial Day History. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment